Kinetic River was recently issued Canadian patent # 2,954,163 “Flow Cytometry Apparatus and Methods.” This is our fifth patent issued this year, making 22 overall (19 U.S. patents, one in China, one in Japan, and this one in Canada). This further broadens our patent portfolio in the field of extreme throughput cell/particle analysis and sorting.
For reference, our patents fit into the following families of intellectual property:
- Time-resolved technologies, including the Arno (compensation-free flow cytometry), Danube (direct fluorescence lifetime measurements) instruments, Colorado (automated autofluorescence removal), and Tiber (label-free cancer cell detection).
- Extremely high-throughput flow cytometry (Loire).
- Label-free flow cytometry (Yangtze).
- Modular, customizable systems (Potomac and Delaware).
Learn about our other recent patents:
- U.S. Patent No. 11,635,384, “Methods and apparatuses for label-free particle analysis.”
- U.S. Patent No. 11,573,167, “Flow cytometry apparatus and methods.”
- U.S. Patent No. 11,573,165, “Particle analysis and imaging apparatus and methods.”
- U.S. Patent No. 11,543,339, “Particle analysis and imaging apparatus and methods.”
Kinetic River’s Founder and President, Dr. Giacomo Vacca now holds 76 patents (with more on the way). See his full list of patents in his bio.