Laser Beam Stabilizer
The Beam Genie is a compact solution that actively compensates for laser beam misalignment due to thermal shifts in laser pointing, maintaining proper aiming of a laser beam to its intended target.
For applications to flow cytometry, the Beam Genie keeps a laser beam locked onto the sample core stream, reducing variations in the precision of measurements and keeping Coefficients of Variation (CVs) low. The Beam Genie is:
Live demo of Beam Genie. The actual device is fully enclosed inside the orange hand (see Specifications for dimensions).
Performance of Beam Genie. Red triangles show beam misalignment with respect to core stream as the pointing direction sweeps (without Beam Genie); green circles show the beam tracking the core stream (with Beam Genie).
Suited for Wide Range of Systems
- Standard: any wavelength from 300 to 1000 nm
- Custom options available for other wavelengths
- Taps only 2% of laser beam power (typ.; < 1% for power > 100 mW)
Designed for Retrofitting
- Takes up only 2.25″ (57 mm) of free-space beam path
- Head dimensions: 2.25″ (57 mm) x 5″ (127 mm) x 2.5″ (63 mm) (W, L, H)
- Controller dimensions: 2.25″ (57 mm) x 3.5″ (90 mm) x 1.13″ (28 mm) (W, L, H)
- Customizable beam height
- Initial installation and calibration performed through USB connection to PC
- Does not need PC for regular operation
Beam pointing compensation (1):
- without Beam Genie: ± 37 um
- with Beam Genie: ± 2 um
(1) based on ± 900 urad pointing shift, 85-cm beam path, focusing optical layout
CV compensation for flow cytometry (2):
- without Beam Genie: CV = 19%
- with Beam Genie: CV < 5%
(2) based on ± 200-urad pointing shift, 85-cm beam path, 633-nm wavelength, 62-um 1/e2 beam waist, 15-um core stream width
- < 2 lbs.
- 15° – 30°C, 60% RH
- North America: 120 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 0.8A
- Japan: 100 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 0.8A
- Rest of world: 230 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 0.4A